Community Events – Aug 26, 2016
The PNE continues for ten more days, to September 5, 2016, and includes a number of dscount entrance opportunities!
- Tuesday from 11am to 1pm – Admission is FREE!
- Thursday all day is Vancity Day – Admission for Vancity members and friends is $5 each
- People with disabilities can get in for $11 and get their attendant in for free if they show one of the following documents:
Access 2 Entertainment card
Love at Second Sight is a 25 minute film that transforms attitudes about appearance and encourages acceptance of self and others. It’s about difference and belonging, judgment and inclusion. Join us for the premier screening of the film, followed by a short Q&A period and a reception.
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Doors 6:30 pm. Show at 7:00 pm
Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema, Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Reception to follow. Admission is free but RSVP is required (follow the link to RSVP): https://www.sfu.ca/sfuwoodwards/events/events1/2016-2017-fall/LoveAtSecondSight.html)
All attendees get a special half price discount on the video (and song) on a USB drive.
Accessibility: Film is subtitled, Program ASL interpreted & plenty of room for wheelchairs
SFU’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement
and to Vancouver Adapted Music Society
Collingwood Community Lunch – Tuesdays and Thursdays
Check out their menu below
How to order:
– you can eat there at Collingwood or you can get take out
– you can order first thing in the morning for takeout and pick up your lunch at 12:30 for $6.25
These three-course lunches are inexpensive and delicious. Menus are different each week; they reflect the changing seasons and diverse food traditions. All proceeds support Collingwood Neighbourhood House Seniors’ Wellness programs.