Community Support for Spectrum
Spectrum is a registered charitable organization that fundraises to provide the extra things that aren’t covered by government funding. We appreciate the support our community provides in these ways:
Donations: We receive donations through our monthly giving program from both community members and our employees.
Donations in Memorium for Diane Blackwood (Link to public obituary)
- Diane Blackwood served on the Spectrum Board of Directors for the past 31 years and has been a constant guide on the need for person-centred supports that meet the unique needs of the people we meet. Diane passed away on Monday, December 3rd, 2018. If you would like to make a donation in her memory, you can make an online donation through our Canada Helps web page here or you can complete this Donation Form and send a cheque to our office.
Donations in Memorium for Donald Pitman (Link to public obituary)
- Donald Pitman passed away on October 22, 2018. If you would like to make a donation in his memory, you can make an online donation through our Canada Helps web page here or you can complete this Donation Form and send a cheque to our office.
Different ways you can donate to Spectrum Society
- You can make a donation online through CanadaHelps.org on our secure donation page here.
- You can complete this Donation Form and send a cheque to our office.
- You can join our monthly giving club and provide us with permission to make a monthly deduction from your bank account. Complete this Donation Form and email it to email@example.com or mail it to our office.
- As an employee, you can give us permission to make a deduction from your payroll each pay period. Complete this Donation Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember Spectrum Society for Community Living when you are preparing your Will. We have an Endowment Fund that provides us with regular income to assist in providing supports to people with disabilities in the Community. Please call if you have any questions about this.
Community Gaming Grants: Each year we apply for funding through Community Gaming Grants to provide programs such as:
- Summer Camp Experiences
- Healthy Living
- Community Life Skills and Personal Network Development
- Accessible Transportation
- Accessible Technology and Assistive Communication.
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia!
Volunteers: We are grateful for the people who give us their time to enrich the lives of people served by Spectrum.
The McGill Ability Fund provides funding for special requests. Out of their love and admiration for their only granddaughter, Jennifer’s grandparents, Marjorie and Stewart McGill, wanted to ensure that the lessons Jennifer taught us would be passed on to others. And so the McGill Ability Fund at the Vancity Community Foundation was established. The beneficiaries of the Fund will be adults with disabilities served by Spectrum Society for Community Living. Every year, the income from the Fund will provide additional staff support, special equipment and/or pilot programs to empower these persons to enrich their lives and those of the wider community.
Read more of Jennifer’s story on the McGill Ability Fund website.
The Spectrum Endowment Fund was created to build a fund that would provide stability and long term support for the people that Spectrum supports. You can assist us to plan for the future by donating to the Spectrum Endowment Fund.
The Vancity Community Foundation hosts both the McGill Ability Fund and the Spectrum Endowment Fund. They invest the funds and provide administrative support (issuing donation receipts and providing semi-annual disbursements) so that we can focus on providing creative and person-centred supports. You can contribute to these funds through the links to their websites above.
Charitable Organization #10799 9054 RR0001