- This event has passed.
David Pitonyak – Beyond “Behaviors” – Supporting Competence, Confidence, and Well-Being
June 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$125
Difficult behaviors result from unmet needs. This workshop examines seven quality of life indicators that are often missing in the life of a person who experiences our services. Based on the idea from Jean Clarke that a person’s needs are best met by people whose needs are met, this day-long workshop examines strategies for supporting not only an individual who experiences disabilities but also the needs of his or her caregivers.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have developed knowledge in the following areas:
- Determining what people may be communicating through their difficult behaviors;
- The role of physiological or psychiatric needs in the development of difficult behaviors
- The importance of asking critical quality of life questions in building a support plan;
- The critical importance of addressing caregiver needs in the development of a support plan;
- Ways to support an individual in crisis.
We will supply breakfast pastries, drinks and snacks; lunch is on your own at one of the many local restaurants in this area.
Event is limited to 75 participants.
More information about David: http://dimagine.com/