What’s happening in your community in September? Take a peek and send us events you want to share…
September’s Vancouver calendar features important dates and events in the Lower Mainland including shows, concerts, spring festivals, markets and events.
The Cultch is implementing accessible performances starting this fall. (i.e. “relaxed” performances for those with Autism, Tourette’s & other neurological conditions who cannot sit still & quiet for an hour or more). They have scheduled a relaxed show of the Panto on Dec 2, matinee.
Link to Accessibility information: https://thecultch.com/accessibility/
Normally, the Panto is already a kid-friendly show where they are encouraged to cheer & boo for characters & talk back to the stage. Each Panto is based on a classic fairy tale or kids’ story, this year it’s Wizard of Oz. It’s a really fun show for adults too, with lots of double entendres & local cultural references & spoofs of local characters, politicos etc.
Tix are on sale now at:
||East Van Panto: Wizard of Oz – The Cultch
York Theatre. Poor Dorothy! Flung from her PoCo townhouse by an earthquake that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH Tornado Resource Extraction Inc.’s suburban fracking, she fi nds herself in the magical Land of Oz.
- Heroes’ Opening Weekend – August 18 – 19, 11am – Late
- FREE gate admission for First Responders and a guest.
- Promotion is valid for current and retired police, RCMP, Paramedics, firefighters and military plus one guest. First Responder must present a valid First Responders service card at the gates. Guest does not require a service card.
- Toonie Days – August 18 – 19, 11am – 1pm
- To celebrate 50 years of music and sports at the Pacific Coliseum, wear your favourite sports team gear or
concert t-shirt, and get in for just $2!
- FREE Gate Admission for all Guests – August 21 & 28, 11am – 1pm – presented by YVR
- Re-entrance hand stamps will only be given after 1pm. Guests are welcome to re-enter the gates prior to 1pm without hand stamp.
- Wild Ride Wednesdays – August 22 & 29, 11am – 1pm
- Purchase 2 Ride Passes for the price of 1! Only Available onsite on the day of the promotion.
- Does not apply to ride coupons or complimentary passes
- Library Day – August 22, 11am – Late – presented by Tim Hortons
- Show any BC library card and photo ID to receive $6 gate admission!
- Seniors’ Day – August 23, 11am – Late
- Seniors 65+ receive FREE gate admission and FREE Ferris Wheel rides (West Coast Wheel)
- Labour Day
- Labour Day Celebration presented by Vancouver & District Labour Council. Union members can contact their local office for information.
- BCAA Members save more!
- Special Member Savings on online Fair Gate & Ride Passes. Learn more at bcaa.com/pne
- Vancity Member Rate – Every day, 11am – 1pm
- Vancity members receive $8 gate admission
- A Fair-wide coupon book offering over $350 in savings.
$2 at any Guest Services location, or purchase any Fair Pass online by July 31st and receive a voucher for a free Pinwheel Deals Coupon Book with every order!
- After Dark Gate Pass
- After 9pm nightly, purchase a Fair Gate Pass for just $6. That’s a savings of $12!
- Twilight Ride Pass
- Presented by 94.5 Virgin Radio – After 5pm Tuesday through Thursday, purchase a Fair Ride Pass for just $30.75. That’s a savings of $16!
Online & Retailer Savings
Save up to $12 when you purchase your Fair Gate or Ride passes online or at the following Lower Mainland retailers:
Retail passes will be available in August.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.