Employee News – April 28, 2017
Criminal Record checks and a First Aid Certificate are ongoing requirements of employment at Spectrum. They do need to be renewed accordingly. Please review your pay statement to ensure both your First Aid and Criminal Record check are up to date.
If you find that either one has expired, please get in touch with Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for information on how to renew these requirements.
Personal Changes for Your Benefits
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you have any changes to your personal information, for example, if you need to add a child, update spousal information, change your beneficiary, etc. so that we can ensure your group benefits are updated accordingly with the most current information.
Municipal Pension Plan Changes:
- Enhanced functionality for My Account with new, simplified access to update personal information any time
- My Account continues to be your employees’ gateway to their pension information, including personal information and spousal information
- Employees can apply to retire online
- Information is organized by topics and tasks
- Improved search
- Access to your Employer site is through Employer on the top right, which is shown in the attached document. (From there, you can Logon to the secure Employer site as you do now.)
- Please share this exciting news with your employees and colleagues
- We encourage you and your employees to explore your new website to become familiar with it
- For information about My Account, point your employees to Manage your Account information in Your pension
- You and your employees should delete saved bookmarks
If you have questions, please contact Employer Operations at 250 356-9701 in Victoria or toll-free (in Canada) at 1 855-356-9701.
Employer Operations, MPP
Your pension experience… we make it easy!
We’ve created an Employee Facebook Group!
If you’re on Facebook, please look us up and ‘Join’ the group;
SSCL Employee Group
Click Here and login to your own Facebook, click ‘Join’
Please also feel free to ‘suggest’ or ‘share’ this group with other Spectrum colleagues you’re already friends with!
This forum will be to share announcements, updates, newsletters, training, stories, celebrations and other important news with staff and colleagues.
We invite all staff to participate by appropriately sharing any community events, stories or photos from your time spent with people you’re supporting.
We look forward to your participation!
Are you already hired by Spectrum? If you’re working relief and looking for full or part-time opportunities, take a look at our Job Postings here!
Spread the word! If you’re enjoying your work and the people you’re meeting….tell your friends!
Have them send in their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guess what!? We have a referral program!
If you have a friend, family member or meet someone in the community that is interested in joining the team and you refer them to Spectrum, you could be eligible for a referral bonus!
If the person referred is hired and maintains at least 9 months of consistent employment with Spectrum, we will award a $50 Referral Bonus (Pre-loaded Visa card).
*if you’d like more info on the program, please email email@example.com
Our way of saying thank you for bringing us quality applicants/employees!
The Health and Safety Committee is accepting nominations for those who would like to join the committee.
If you or someone you know would like to be nominated, please notify Naomi or Rachel in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to WorkSafe BC, there should be no fewer than four regular members. If nominations are insufficient, the team will appoint employees to become members.
Below are some responsibilities of an H&S Committee member:
– Meet once per month
– Improve safety within the organization
– Educate about safety within the organization
– Review safety issues
– Provide feedback on safety issues
– Represent employees within safety related issues
– Review of incidents (WorkSafe claims)
– Review Unsafe Working Conditions reports
– Provide awareness to people regarding safety issues
Health and Safety members review Work Safe claims within Spectrum. One of the main goals of the H&S Committee is to prevent injuries and accidents from re-occurring.