MAPS and PATH Training – November, 2019 & February 2020
Co-facilitating MAPS and PATH as exemplary forms of person centred planning for individuals, friends and family, teams and organizations
Facilitated by Aaron Johannes and Eilidh Nicholson
What is MAP or PATH planning?
PATH is a process in which a facilitator and a graphic facilitator work with a focal person (or organization or team) and their supporters to create a vision of the best possible future, out of which comes a plan that is always “positive” and “possible,” understood by all and no longer mysterious or scary. By the end of the PATH event the focal person or group has communicated where they want to go, what and who they need to support their journey, and how this part of their lives will be part of a bigger future. Those who care about them often say they feel clear, inspired and hopeful afterwards, and are excited to take on action oriented roles. A PATH is a great tool to bring a network together and the “new” PATH processes focus on the development of support networks more than ever!
Eilidh and Aaron, together and with other partners, have been doing Paths for individuals, organizations and teams for more than 20 years collectively and this responsive process continues to surprise and delight them as they watch individuals and tea
What a PATH is:
- powerful and empowering
- practical and dream-based
- communal and individualized
- a great wayms who think they hate “planning” come to life and families get excited about the future. to bring a support network together
- a great way to get on the same page
What PATH is not:
- a cookie cutter approach
- a way to force someone to be part of your plan for them
Who are PATHFINDERS?
- individuals who are at a time in their lives when a creative, inspired approach feels right
- facilitators looking for a person centred method of planning they can use in a variety of situations
- families who want to work together
- friends who want to make a difference
- committed employers
- agency leaders wanting to know what’s optimal so they can do their best work
Over three days together, in a small group, we will…
- see a PATH being facilitated by experienced facilitators with opportunities for questions
- learn the steps of a PATH
- have fun with drawing, even if we think we can’t draw
- facilitate a PATH for someone
- graphically facilitate a PATH for someone
- have a PATH done for ourselves
- learn to honor this process as participatory leaders
- have fun, get energized and think new thoughts
- learn about other person centred planning methods
- get a really cool certificate
- share our strengths
* there may or may not be dancing penguins involved at this workshop
MANDT System – Building Healthy Relationships
The Mandt System® program presents an education and training system of gradual and graded alternatives for de-escalating and supporting people, using a combination of interpersonal communication skills and physical interaction techniques designed to reduce injury to all the participants in an encounter.
We are pleased to offer Mandt Training to our staff. Please speak with your program manager to be referred to attend an upcoming session.
Two Day Mandt Training
- In-depth training over two 6 hour classes
- Physical skill training
Training will take place in the Barb Goode Training Centre at 3223 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC
10am to 4pm each day.
Upcoming Session: November 25 & 26, 2019 Six Spaces Available
Computer Tutoring for Persons with Disabilities
Computer Comfort provides the perfect starting point for adults with disabilities who want to develop basic computer skills. It offers one-on-one computer tutoring at no cost in a supportive, client-centred environment; a refurbished donated computer for the home, if needed; and ongoing support.
Benefits of the Program:
- Self paced, client centred learning
- Ongoing technical support
- A comfortable and supportive learning environment
Individuals can learn to use:
- Microsoft Office software
- Internet, including social networking
Contact us for more information:
- Munesh Raman
- 604-473-9363 Toll Free: 1-877-673-4636
- email@example.com www.neilsquire.ca