MAPS and PATH Training – March 27-29, 2015
MAPS and PATH are exemplary forms of person centred planning: co-facilitating for individuals, friends and family, teams and organizations
Aaron Johannes and Shelley Nessman with special guest David Wetherow
What is MAP or PATH planning?
PATH is a process in which a facilitator and a graphic facilitator work with a focal person (or organization or team) and their supporters to create a vision of the best possible future, out of which comes a plan that is always “positive” and “possible,” understood by all and no longer mysterious or scary. By the end of the PATH event the focal person or group has communicated where they want to go, what and who they need to support their journey, and how this part of their lives will be part of a bigger future. Those who care about them often say they feel clear, inspired and hopeful afterwards, and are excited to take on action oriented roles. A PATH is a great tool to bring a network together and the “new” PATH processes focus on the development of support networks more than ever!
Shelley and Aaron, together and with other partners, have been doing PATHs for individuals, organizations and teams for more than 20 years and it is still a process that surprises and delights them as they watch individuals and teams who think they hate “planning” come to life and families get excited about the future.
Friday, March 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM – Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Over three days together, in a small group, we will…
- see a PATH being facilitated by experienced facilitators with opportunities for questions
- learn to honor this process as participatory leaders
- learn the steps of a PATH
- have fun with drawing, even if we think we can’t draw
- facilitate a PATH for someone
- graphically facilitate a PATH for someone
- have a PATH done for ourselves
- have fun, get energized and think new thoughts
- learn about other person centred planning methods
- get a really cool certificate
- share our strengths
More information and registration on our EventBrite page.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.