Team News – August 31, 2018
The Spectrum office will be closed on Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018
Have you checked your fire extinguisher?
It’s good to get in the habit of noting an annual check of a Fire Extinguisher in a person’s home that you’re providing support to or even in your own home.
Important things to observe:
- Is the extinguisher still present in its designated location?
- Has any damage occurred to the equipment?
- Are there any obstructions blocking the equipment from view or from easy access?
- Is the extinguisher fully charged and operational?
What should you look for during a visual inspection?
- Look for obvious signs of physical damage, such as corrosion, leakage, or dents.
- Check the pressure gauge to make sure the indicator is in the operating range.
- Make sure the pull-pin is not missing and the pull pin seal is intact.
- Verify the date of the last professional inspection.
- Date and initial the back of the tag to log the monthly visual inspection.
If there are any concerns with the fire extinguisher you are checking, please let your supervisor know immediately. You can also email our Health & Safety Committee at email@example.com with any questions, to inform them of any concerns with a fire extinguisher and/or any other safety concerns you might have in your workplace.
CSSEA Employee Purchase Program
If you are looking for a new cell phone deal you might want to check this out.
The TELUS Employee Purchase Program (EPP) gives discounts on TELUS Mobility plans and devices to employees of select organizations.
This deal is available to all employees of agencies that belong to CSSEA. Spectrum is an associate member of CSSEA.
You have to use your @spectrumsociety.org email address to be verified.
Link to Poster: CSSEA EPP Aug 15