Team News – December 7, 2018
Holiday Office Closures:
The Spectrum Office will be closed December 25 & 26, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
Looking for Members for Health & Safety Committee
The Health and Safety Committee is accepting nominations for those who would like to join the committee.
If you or someone you know would like to be nominated, please notify Naomi or Rachel in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to WorkSafe BC, there should be no fewer than four regular members. If nominations are insufficient, the team will appoint employees to become members.
Below are some responsibilities of an H&S Committee member:
– Meet once per month (attendance compensated)
– Improve safety within the organization
– Educate about safety within the organization – training opportunities
– Review safety issues
– Provide feedback on safety issues
– Represent employees within safety related issues
– Review of incidents (WorkSafe claims)
– Review Unsafe Working Conditions reports
– Provide awareness to people regarding safety issues
Health and Safety members review Work Safe claims within Spectrum. One of the main goals of the H&S Committee is to prevent injuries and accidents from re-occurring.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) –
Helps You with Personal and Professional Concerns
If you are currently enrolled in our employee group benefits, you are eligible to receive support from the EAP.
Spectrum’s EAP is known as LifeWorks, which is provided by Ceridian.
It provides you and your immediate family with 24/7 access to confidential support and resources you need to manage almost any personal or professional issue,
so you can lead a healthier, happier, more productive life.
What can you get help with?
- Parenting and Child Care
- Older Adults
- Midlife & Retirement
- Financial and Legal Issues
- Work Issues
- Health & Wellness
- Emotional Well-Being
For more information and to access the program, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com