Corona Virus – COVID-19 Information
|Staying Home, Staying Safe in Your Neighbourhood|
May 25, 2020 – Updates – Supports for Front Line Staff and Caregivers
May 20, 2020 – Updates – Revised Essential Visitor Policy for Hospitals
May 15, 2020 – Updates – Spectrum’s Slow and Careful Restart
May 14, 2020 – Updates – Your Story, Your Future – Take the Survey
May 13, 2020 – Updates – CLBC Recovery Planning
May 12, 2020 – Updates – International Nurses Day
May 8, 2020 – Updates – BC Restart Plan
May 6, 2020 – Updates – Principles for Going Forward
Small gatherings with physical distancing in place – keep six feet apart 🙂
May 4, 2020 – Updates – BC Government presents Going Forward
May 1, 2020 – Updates – Thank you to Frontline Staff from CLBC
April 30, 2020 – Updates – 100 Days of CoronaVirus Briefings, Stress and Support
April 29, 2020 – Updates – CLBC Teleconference for Staff – Hospital Support Advocacy
April 23, 2020 – Updates – Testing
April 22, 2020 – Updates – CLBC Weekly Update for Individuals and Families
We will share information on the emergency funding from CLBC as soon as we get it.
April 21, 2020 – Updates – CLBC Announces Emergency Funding
April 20, 2020 – Updates – Five Weeks In an Emergency
April 17, 2020 – Updates – Leading with Compassion – Thanks Dr. Henry!
April 15, 2020 – Updates – Staying Home, Staying Safe: How are you keeping busy?
April 13, 2020 – Updates – Point of Contact Risk Assessments
April 10, 2020 – Updates – Stats Can – New Disability Advisory Group
April 9, 2020 – Updates – One Week At a Time
April 8, 2020 – Updates – Physical Distancing at Home and at Work
April 7, 2020 – Updates – Thanks Jeriah, Dealing with Anxiety
April 6, 2020 – Updates – Provincial Guidelines for Social Services
April 4, 2020 – Updates – Staying Home Staying Safe, Safety Tips for Zoom
April 02, 2020 – Updates – New Emergency Supports for People with Disabilities
April 01, 2020 – Updates – Personal Networks, Safe Food Handling
March 30, 2020 – Updates – Masks, Cleaning, What will change after COVID-19?
March 28, 2020 – Updates – Using Transit, Taking Care of Ourselves
March 27, 2020 – Updates – Flattening the Curve – Masks
March 26, 2020 – Updates – Essential Services, Safe Seniors, Strong Communities
March 24, 2020 – Updates from CLBC and Employment Standards Act Changes
March 23, 2020 – Updates from other Provincial Agencies
March 21, 2020 – Update on planning for COVID-19
A visual and plain language explanation of COVID-19 and the ways we are doing things differently.
Donning and Doffing of Personal Protective Equipment.
March 18, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – Spectrum Office will be closed except for appointments. Petty cash receipts and reimbursements will be available on Thursday from 10am to 1pm.
March 16, 2020 – Spectrum Exposure Control Plan – Spectrum Society is committed to ensuring the health and safety of the people we support and of our employees. With the growing spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in British Columbia and around the world, we are taking steps to minimize exposure to the virus and keep people safe.
March 16, 2020 – Meeting People at their Homes and in Community – Guidelines for staff and the people we support – check in before you meet up in person. Stay home if you are not feeling well.
What is Corona Virus COVID-19?
A new coronavirus is the cause of an outbreak of respiratory infections, now known as COVID-19. The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses, including the flu and common cold. They include cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing. The number of cases worldwide is changing quickly. B.C. has confirmed cases of coronavirus; however the risk to Canadians continues to be low. Here is a good introductory video from the World Health Organization about COVID-19:
What can people we support and their family and friends do?
- Follow good personal hygiene practices including washing your hands, not touching your face, and coughing into a Kleenex or your elbow.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your family has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Follow the government’s advice about travel to avoid spreading the disease.
- Travel outside of Canada is not recommended.
- When you return from travel outside Canada, please self-isolate for 14 days.
- We ask you to consider what your family member might need in the event that they become ill or their service is disrupted, for example what your capacity would be to provide additional support in an emergency.
- Follow the instructions of our health authorities as they are updated:
Please let us know if you have any questions. We will continue to send you regular updates.
There is a lot of information in the news about the new Coronavirus, now called
COVID-19 and we want to assure you that we are reviewing the updates from government and health authorities to ensure we are doing everything required to keep the people we support and our employees healthy and safe.
Here are three key messages that will help all of us be prepared:
- Please get your information from reputable sources like this Government of Canada Corona Virus COVID19 Update website.
- Remember Universal Precautions that help you and the people you care for stay healthy. COVID19 is another respiratory illness, similar to colds and the flu, that can be very dangerous for people with compromised immune systems and we all have people in our lives who could be at risk.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Cough into a tissue.
- Avoid touching, eyes, mouth, nose as much as possible
- Stay home when sick and get medical attention through your family doctor, or call 8-1-1 to get medical advice.
We are reviewing government updates and considering what actions Spectrum needs to take to ensure the safety of the people we support and our employees. Please let us know if you have questions.